Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 3

May 1, 2014

Slept well last night.  It was very quiet. No snoring husband or dogs getting on and off the bed.  Aside from being woken up periodically by nurses doing their rounds it was a very restful night.  Pain seems to be well managed.

It was nice to have company last evening.   My son and granddaughter stopped up as well as a good friend and my husband.  It was nice to see everyone.  Nothing new on that front.

Last night the nurse asked me if my blood pressure is usually low.  I explained to her that it was usually high and I am medicated for it.  She said that I may not get my medicine for that ths morning and in fact I did not.  This got me thinking...since I have started a consistent yoga practice my doctor reduced the strength of my medications.  Now a few years out I am wondering if it needs to be reduced even more.  I have not tracked it in a long time and plan to do so when I get home.  I have had moments of dizziness and I am wondering if this might be the reason.

I noticed during the middle of the night that the leg of the hip that was replaced seems longer than the other one.  I spoke with the PA this morning and she told me that is not an unusual observation.  After the swelling goes down it should be fine.  I will bring it up to the doctor when I see him this afternoon just in case.  Not sure what they could do about it anyway but the PA assured me he is very meticulous about that and being an anterior procedure it is the easiest to determine.  That works for me!

Been trying to meditate every day but just keep falling asleep...ha ha.  Hope to try again later today after I go to PT.  I have even zoned out trying to write this.  Realized the importance of engaging my core to lift my leg and when I am walking.   Reminded me of boat pose.   Trying to lift with just your leg muscles isn't effective.  Takes awareness and reminding.  Made an effort to stay straight and stand tall...true north.

Took one last walk around the floor then call it a night.  Leg muscles are really tight.  I didn't see a lot of improvement today.  I was told that is gets worse before it gets better.  Maybe one more day and then it will turn around.  If all goes well I go home tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment