Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 17 - Waking Up

May 16, 2014

Went to the doctor today.  He was very positive about my progress.  He told me to stop being so cautious and to trust my hip.  He said that I could go start back to yoga in another 3 weeks.  H wants me to start moving more and slow stretching in the meantime.  That sounds good to me!  I am planning on starting back with chair yoga.   I can sleep in my bed and on my side if I want or even on my stomach.  Neither of those options sound like a good idea yet.

I the physical therapist came today and is still helping me with my mobility and strengthening.  I practiced getting in and out of bed and walking.  I need to focus on distributing my weight equally on both feet and to regain an normal balanced gait.  She plans on coming next week to help me work on this.

So that is working on my body, but what about my head.  I found that was a problematic as my hip.  I realize that I was very disappointed about my first 2 weeks.  I "trained" for this and thought I would be better, stronger, faster.  Guess that is my competitive nature.  While I was sitting in the office today, I took some time to check in with one of my favorite books Journey to the Heart by Melody Beattie.  As I went through the readings for the dates for the past weeks, I was amazed how helpful reading these entries would have been to get me through them.  This is one of my go-to books to help me center and reflect.  Why I did not have presence of mind to do daily readings is beyond me, but better late than never.  Today's title is "What You Believe, Is What You Will See.  Boy I needed to reminded that.  I plan to make reading this part of my morning ritual.  I also realize I need to get back to daily meditation.

I find it interesting how my physical condition impacted my mental condition.  I know this is nothing new, but I  am now more aware of the importance of keeping myself in good physical condition.  As I began to feel better my mind began to clear.  Getting off pain meds is certainly helping as well.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment