Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 18 - Out in Public

May 17, 2014

Today I managed to sit through a 3 hour graduation ceremony.    During that time I had a chance to look at my family all together for the first time in years and realize how far we have all come.  This was a day to celebrate accomplishments and to look ahead to new ones.  What made this so significant was that I felt for the first time in 30+ years, I am ready to let everyone stand on their own.  It is time for me to focus on me.  Perhaps my surgery was meant to get me headed on this journey.  It has given me time to revisit my personal, professional, and physical self.

I am down to taking 2 Tramadol in the morning and 2 before bedtime.  I used the walker to navigate the crowd at the graqduation but spend the rest of the day using my cane and trying to walk in a more balanced way.  I am sleeping through the night for the first time in years.  I have no longer have pain that wakes me up multiple times a night.  Even though I still have some healing pain, the pain that prompted the hip replacement seems to be gone.  I am hoping that over the next days and weeks I will be back to where I was before the accident and maybe even better!

Today's reading from Journey to the Heart, was titled "Happiness Is Within Reach".  I am beginning believe that not only is this possible, but I am even deserving of it.  It is just up to me for find it.

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment