Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 12 - I Got to Move It, Move It

May 11, 2014

Today the weather and my hip cooperated.  I managed to get out a number of times to walk.  I made it to the corner twice and into my backyard once.  It was quite a hectic Mother's Day with family over.  I actually made some of the dishes for dinner.  All this was done with the help of Tramadol and icing.  This icing machine is a God send!  My incision is still swollen and I still have aches in inside of my hip joint and on the outside of my hip.   The pain is especially annoying in my low back on the same side as the replacement.  I am hoping that all of this goes away soon...or even eventually.

While almost everyone told me that I would feel relief immediately, it is not so in my case.  I actually feel worse.  All the excuses I make for this do not help with my optimism.  I am concerned that this procedure may not be successful.  I keep telling myself that I need to give it time and to be patient...something that I have been reminding myself since this whole thing began.

This "time off" has given me time to think about where I go from here professionally and personally.  I guess these kind of events do that.  I need to get back to meditation and my yoga practice.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment