Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 22 - How Normal is This?

May 21, 2014

Today I am struggling again.  Had a bit of a rough night.  Having pain in the joint.  Still on pain medications going between 1 and 2 Tramadol.  Not sure of this is OK at this point to have it get better only to get worse.  I am torn between working too hard and not working hard enough.  I am still trying to find the balance.  Hopefully in a year I will look back at this and understand what is/has happening(ed).  As I once read after my mother passed away,  "Life has to be lived forward but can only be understood backward."

I need to be well enough tomorrow to get back to work.  The plan is to drive to take a class and then teach.  Seeing as I haven't been behind the wheel let alone out for an extended time and have to able to move from my car to a classroom on my own.  My concern is getting there but having difficulty getting back.  I will find out tomorrow.

I called the doctor's office today to see if the pain I am having is within the range of normal.  I was assured that it was and that I will have good days and not so good days.  While I can start moving more normally in 6 weeks I should not be surprised if it takes 3 months to become comfortable.  One year out will be the real mark.  I had PT today.  The therapist said she is seeing good progress and reminded me that when they take power tools to your body your should expect some pain.  Put that way...I guess that does make sense.

Meditation today was helpful.  I am looking forward to being able to practice by the water.  Since I start driving tomorrow I hope to be there in a day or two.

I managed to get some exercise food shopping with my husband.  I found walking with the cart allowed me to walk naturally and loosen up hip with support if I needed it.  I think it is a good option for getting some exercise.

The day ended with icing and 2 Tramadol.  I am sure tomorrow will be...different.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

meditation


No comments:

Post a Comment