Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 21 - One Step Back

May 20, 2014

Seem to be having a bit of a struggle today.  Slept part of the night in the recliner chair icing my hip and part of the night in bed.  I woke up feeling very stiff with pain in the hip joint and into my low back.  Perhaps this is due to new PT exercises that I got yesterday that require me to be standing and putting more weight into that hip.  The weather is also changing and rain is coming in.  I am wondering if this might be causing me to notice my hip more.  I do hope that this pain will go away regardless.  I do feel the incision site is improving and the swelling is going down.  Ice still makes it feel better.

Meditation this morning was healing and empowering.  One day at a time I feel I am making progress in one area or another.  I do have questions about my physical limitations and about what I can and cannot do when I get back to my yoga practice but right now I am not ready to ask them.  I am still willing to take it easy and listen to my body.

I have been trying to move around the kitchen without using a cane.  This way I have the support of the counter if I need it.  Today was a bit better than yesterday and I am using by legs more evenly when I walk or just stand. 

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment