Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 24 - Better Than I Expected

May 23, 2014

I remember posting my messages just after my surgery and going from being awake to dozing off in the middle of a sentence.  Being in that twilight zone was the safest place to be following the insult to my body (an ego).  Today I feel better than I expected I would after my day yesterday.  I am finding that my pain level remains fairly constant around a 1 or a 2 on my pain scale.  I am not having the spikes like I was before but still taking 1 or 2 Tramadol, depending on how I feel.  I am going longer with each dosage to help get me off of them.

During meditation today I kept of the contemplating that "I am a soul in a body" This perspective completely changes my view of my life's journey.  Always thinking body first with a soul made me focus more on the physical experience.  Focusing on soul first helps me be a bit more forgiving of the physical aspects of my journey and think if it as a vehicle to allow me to explore and experience the world.  Made me think of the movie "Men in Black" and the "aliens" that were traveling in other bodies. 

I finished physical therapy today.  It was truly helpful  I still have exercises to do and with the weather improving I am looking forward to getting back to the park and walking my dog.  Until then I am thinking of a trip to Home Depot.  They have carts that I can use to aid my walking and I have projects to do around here for which I need to shop.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment