Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 55 - Change of Plans

June 23, 2014

Started the day with PT.  Arrived in pain and pretty defeated.  Mike is a amazing therapist!  He noticed right away and he said he had been thinking about me and decided that it might be best if I backed of a bit.  I agree that I might be doing more harm by pushing through and that backing off a bit might be a better way to go.  I have strength and I need to give it more time to heal and work on stretching and flexibility.  I did short work out warming up on the bike for 10 minutes and then did bridges (no full wheel) and Supta Baddah Konasana.  He also had me do a stretch laying on my side and having meg leg hanging off the table behind me.  It was great and got to the root of my tightness.  Gonna keep on this plan for a while.  The following pool workout was so helpful.  Between the 91 degree water and the wonderful therapists there I did walking forward and backward, squats, side lunges, tree poses that I help for 30 seconds on each side, and scissors floating in the deep end.

Went to class and felt pretty good by the end of the day.  But ice always helps.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment