Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 35 - Five Weeks Today - Set Back!

June 3, 2014

Last night was terrible.  I was in pain all night but did not want to take may medication, hoping that ice would help.  It di but it was not enough.  I could not get comfortable and by the morning I was close to tears.  I called the surgeon's office and left a message for a request for an appointment and for PT.  I think that I am making things worse by walking incorrectly.  I think I need assistance in correcting my gait and I would be better off with shorter quality walks rather than longer walks.  Not only does my hip hurt but now my knee.

I am planning on staying home today to rest and recover and await a call from the doctor.  Fortunately I have summers off.  I am so glad I scheduled it for the beginning of summer.  I can't imagine how people would do this if they had to go back to work right now.

I heard from the doctor's PA.  They are sending me a script for PT.  My symptoms suggest just what I had figured.  I need to strengthen my leg and get my gait straightened out.  I will also be having aqua therapy but not until after the sixth week.

I rested most of the day and went to teach in the evening.  I am sure that the damp rainy weather is not helping either.  Hope tomorrow will be better.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment