Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 38 - Moving is Gonna Hurt

June 6, 2014

Started the day with chair yoga.  It was a perfect beginning.  I took it slow and modified some poses a bit for a more aggressive workout.  On others I backed off.  I am listening to my body and being thoughtful about how things feel.  What I love about taking basic classes is they point out the little details of a pose that we have often forgot or take for granted.  In Warrior 1 we were made aware of the need to have our butt cheeks tight.  When I checked I noticed that naturally occurred on the left side but not on my right side.  It made me aware that I am not using the muscles in my leg and buttocks correctly.  This reminded me that my "software is still getting use to my hardware". 

After yoga I went to the park to meditate and then back to the studio for a restorative massage.  What a perfect day!

By the end of the day I was tired and ready to ice my hip.  Tomorrow I plan to take it easy with meditation and some simple stretching.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment