Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 36 - Moving Ahead

June 4, 2014

Had a horrible night.  Hurt all over and arms felt weird. Hard to describe but at one point I had to get up and do push-ups against the sink.  I felt sick and just awful.  Could not get to sleep and when I did I kept waking up.  No matter what side I tried to sleep on it didn't work.  I feel like my body needs to get moving and detox.

The morning showed promise.  Went to the doctor and picked up a script for Tramadol.  I have been trying to get by without it but I don't think I am ready yet.  Once I took some and rested a bit I began to feel better.  Bu late morning I was ready to get moving.  I did a bit of yoga on the back porch.  I did modified warrior 1 and 2 and humble warrior.  My downward facing dog was modified using the back of a chair and I did chair pose and modified tree.  It seemed to work and felt better almost immediately.  I been paying attention to my gait and try to walk with my knees closer together.  It seems to be working.  By the afternoon I went to the park with my dog to meditate.  I found the perfect secluded sheltered spot by the river.  I took the rest of the day easy and monitored my walking.

I am feeling much more positive.  I was quite disheartened last night and thought I would never get back.  I was hoping to make a chair yoga class today but missed it.  I am glad I took the time today to build up to it and plan to take it on Friday,  I can't wait until next week to start.  I need to get moving,  I will do a some yoga tomorrow and continue to take it slow.  I have an appointment to start PT on Monday but hopefully getting back to my yoga practice will make it unnecessary.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment