Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 45 - Bring It On!!

June 13, 2014

What a fantastic day!  The day began PT.  On top of the other exercises they added side leg lifts, which I have to say was challenging.  While I was doing my bridge pose I thought, "What the heck" and decided to try full wheel since I was told I have no restrictions.  While it was not pretty (not that it ever was) I was back to my practice!  I was not able to get to full expression but I had my head off the table!  I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited.  After that I was directed to do forearm balance.  It felt really good.  After a few sequences of that I went for plank.  It was wonderful to engage my muscles again.  At the end of my land work I asked about doing upward facing dog and downward facing dog.  I was given the "all clear" to do that so now I have added it to my routine.

After that I went into the pool  92 degrees!  Just my speed!  It was heaven.  Walking in the water was very beneficial both forward and backward.  Did side steps, tree pose, and then straddle leg movements in the deep end.  I also did an exercise with one foot on a noodle and balancing on the other.  I had to push it down and lift it up slowly.  It was challenging on both sides.  By the end of the session I was ready for ice!

I think I had better plan to take it easy tomorrow!

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment