Wednesday, April 23, 2014

6 Days Out

April 23, 2014

Today was another crazy day.  My hip has been bothering me.  Weekend events had me concerned about my son and today brought concerns about my daughter.  Maybe it is a good thing.  It has kept me distracted and not thinking about myself.  A walk and meditation took the edge off and my daughter's yoga class was just what I needed.  I had difficulty setting an intention and finally settled on peace and calm.  My practice was just that.  I actually relaxed into it for the first time and it was perfect!  I left feeling so calm and at peace.    Sure...now that I got it I will not be able to practice for a while.

I have also relaxed about my kids.  As I told my son on the weekend, "your pain is my pain, your struggle is my struggle".  But I have had to let this go.  I can't change their fate or their life.  I can only support them in whatever they endeavor to do.

So thank you to them for the distraction.  Now it is time to move on to tomorrow...one day closer to my surgery.

Stay tuned!

Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment