Thursday, April 17, 2014

12 Days Out

April 17, 2014

Had an amazing restorative yoga class today.  My back has really been bothering me and it was just what I needed.  The massage afterward helped I am sure...or was it the Tramadol.  Who cares?  I am feeling much better! 

One of the things I like about restorative is that I also get to "restore" my mind.  Had a chance to think about how I even got there and was thinking of my daughter, who is a yoga instructor, and first got me into a studio and a regular practice.  Before I did it randomly on my own...and I mean randomly.  That led to thinking about how she got to yoga which led to my mother.  My mother did yoga in the 60's.  She lived with us and my daughter grew up watching her practice.  My mother was inspired by her great aunt who did morning exercises every day..and this was in the 1930s or 40s.  I spent my savasana reflecting on this.

I find that the less I think about the surgery and my decisions and the more I focus on being the present it really helps.  As was written by Lao Tzu
     If you are depressed, you are living in the past
     If you are anxious, you are living in the future
     If you are at peace, you are living in the present

On that note...

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna


 


No comments:

Post a Comment