Monday, April 14, 2014

15 Days Out

April 14, 2014

Had a terrible night.  Beginning to wonder if I have the right surgeon.  He is imminently competent and qualified but doesn't specialize in replacement.  His website says he does reconstruction and oncology. I really like him and he has been very honest, supportive and professional.  I am going to call today to talk about it.  The last thing I need this close is more uncertainty.  I am not sure if it is appropriate to switch doctors at the same practice and this certainly will change the surgery date.

Boy do I have work to do!  Took a cardio yoga class this morning that kicked my butt.  I thought Power Yoga was tough!  Hoping to be able to do 1 or 2 a week before surgery.  Instructor was fantastic.  Learned some good things to do to make my practice better.  So much to learn!

Was raging crazy about what to do about my surgeon.  Made some calls and spoke with a friend who is an anesthesiologist in the same hospital that he does his surgeries.  She knows him and his work and said her is really good and not to worry.  He does lots of hip replacements and has a good solid record.  She said his bedside manner may not be great but so far he has been very kind and communicative with me.  On that note I will once again step away from the ledge.

Somebody talk to me!!!!!  Am I alone is this kind of uncertainty and swing?

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment