Saturday, April 19, 2014

10 Days Out

April 19, 2014

I took my daughter's yoga class this morning.  It was perfect!  She is so good and I am so proud of her.  Got some support from others in class today.  One is a surgical nurse that works in the hospital where I am having my surgery.  She said if she is working she will try to stop by to see me.  I thought that was so kind.  I also spoke with her sister who assured me that it will go well.  All of these incremental supports are really helping.  I have been so blessed by everyone's concerns and reassurances.

As I get closer to surgery I am becoming more and more aware of how my hip is feeling.  During the day I am often surprised at times it doesn't bother me, but at night it is very different.  I wake up multiple times with pain and discomfort.  I am looking forward to sleeping through a night without pain once this is done and healed.  I can't imagine how it must be to have to live with this kind of situation.  As much as this surgery concerns me, at least something can be done to help.  Thankfully I live in a time when something can be done about it.  As difficult as life may be during these times, at least we have ways to improve quality of life.  It reminds me of a recent post by Depok Chopra on his Dailypedia App.  I found it very profound and it changed my perspective on my life and my experiences.

     (E)ssentially we are spiritual beings who have taken manifestation in physical form; that we are 
     not human beings that have the occasional spiritual experiences, that we're spiritual beings who
     have occasional human experiences.

In essence, I have been "given" this body so that I can experience life on this earth. I am first a soul, and secondly a person.  Getting those two things in order has helped me better understand and appreciate the gift I have and inspires me to all I can to respects and take care of that gift. If this surgery is part of that effort than so be it.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment