Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 76 - Nice to Feel Young Again!

July 14, 2014
Morning Pain 3
Evening Pain 1

What a Day!!  While I did not do yoga I did try some new things!  Took my granddaughter and dog to the park to see how he felt about swimming and with a lifejacket on.  Hope to take him out on paddleboard soon.  He did quite well and is a natural swimmer but is still unsure about the whole idea.  It will take time.   Before we went to the park we headed to the Dollar Tree to get her some flipflops.  While we were there my granddaughter spied a net that is just perfect for catching insects and minnows.  It will come in handy today.My granddaughter enjoyed exploring the little cove we found and as always showed me what it means to look at the world through the eyes of a child.

After dinner we went to the club to swim.  I had a chance to do a little aqua therapy there.  It felt good to be in the water and to float.  When it got dark we went outside to try to catch fireflies.  Never having done it before it was nice to have that net to help out.  We waited and waited for some to come close but had no luck.  After a while my granddaughter went in to go to the bathroom.  While I waited I recalled the bat that was flying around catching bugs and I figured...why not?  So I started walking around the yard swinging the net back and forth where ever I saw a firefly.  I began "running" around the yard and finally followed some to the edge of the woods.  Before I knew it I had captured 2 of them.  I went inside screaming with excitement.  We managed to get them into her bug box and put them in her bedroom.  There we went to sleep counting flashes.  We got up to over 100.  What a magic evening.  For a brief time I felt like a child again...pain was not even in the picture.

Tomorrow we are going to yoga together.  It should be fun!

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment