Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 67 - Another Busy Day

July 5, 2014

Today was busy and fun!  Had Elizabeth over night as her parents were working.  She slept in after a late evening of celebrating the 4th with a picnic and fireworks at our friend's house.  Our friend is a licensed pryo-technician and put on an amazing show!  We headed to the park so she could go paddle boarding with me and Marie.  Marie was teaching a SUP Yoga class so she rode with Marie up to the class site and played in the water near the shore for a bit.  In about half an hour she got on my board and we slowly paddled back to the dock.  We to out time to watch the wildlife and appreciate the beauty of the water and the scenery.  She is so curious and misses nothing.

When we got back to the dock she noticed that a snail she had found and left on the dock was looking a bit peeked.  As I bent over to pick it up my phone slipped out of my shirt and sank to the bottom of the river.  Thankfully it was only up to my chest so I jumped in and got it in less than a minute.  I quickly took the back off and the battery about.  Fortunately the phone was dry, thanks to the plastic cover it is in.  It is now siting in rice in the hope that it will be ok tomorrow.  My daughter showed me ho to text through my Verizon account so at lest I could stay in touch with everyone.  Glad it was a weekend.

Later in the afternoon we went to another party at a different friend's house/  It was fantastic and Elizabeth had a great time.  So much so that when it was time to go she hi under one of the beds until we found her.  The house is a massive log house with more rooms that I can remember, so finding her took a while.  It was fun to have may daughter and her mother join us.  We don't often get to go somewhere together.

We dropped her mother off at her house to get ready for work.  We intercepted the ice cream truck on the way down her street and then headed home to get to bed after another crazy day.

I have noticed that I am able to do more things without having to think about it.  Although I thought twice about going off the dock.  But I slipped in easily and got out with out a problem.  Thank God for upper body strength.  I did quite a bit of walking at the party which I am realizing that I need to do more of.  The doctor had said walking is one the best things I can do to rehab and I am seeing his point.  Yoga and walking are going to be my rehab program for the rest of the summer.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment