Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 155 - Let It Go!

October 1, 2014
Pain Level 1-2

On my 12th day of backing off my full-on yoga practice.  It has been hard but I have been modifying my practice for my right hip.  I am actually feeling a bit better...slowly.  I am learning more every day and what to do. what not to do, and how to work through it.  At a yoga class yesterday at Power Yoga Buffalo I got very wise and helpful advice from Candace, the instructor.  Having worked through injury before she recommended that I be careful to keep my practice balanced.  I have to be careful not to advance my left side at the detriment of the right side.  It could impact my gait as well as other ways of moving.  I never considered it.  Now it is right up there with "let your hip capsule stabilize".  Perhaps the most important thing she said was..."Listen your you body, not your ego".  I know I "knew" this but I can see now that I was not doing that.  As hard as it is to let go I have to stay in the present.  When I think about the past and what I could do, I get upset and  depressed.  When I think about the future and where I would like to be or hope to be, I get upset and anxious.  When I stay present...I am at peace.  This is the only way I will heal and be able to "become".

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment