Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 127 - Big Changes

September 3, 2014

Much has happened since the last entry less than a week ago.  I have seen some improvement.  I am not sure if it is due to the cold laser therapy, my returning to my practice at a higher level, or just the passing of time.  I am feeling more hopeful.  While I still wake up in discomfort during the night it is not as bad as before.  I find that I have more range of motion and can sleep in almost any position.  I took a Power Yoga class yesterday and surprised myself.  Expecting limitations I found my tree to be even better than I had hoped for.  I can get my right foot up above my knee and hold it a long time.  I did dancer's pose with almost the same expression as before and actually managed to do my first crow pose without much pain and actually held it for quite a while.  I was very surprised.

Perhaps the most important thing is that I went off my tramadol cold turkey.  I had been functioning in a fog.  I could not focus, remember anything, stay awake, or be at all productive.  I found myself falling asleep behind the wheel of my car every time I drove it.  I had no initiative.  I swear my dear friend who just passed away in February came to me and told me to "get off that shit".  I went off Saturday morning.  It was rough for about 2 days and I am still trying to detox.  I have been drinking more than usual (not alcohol) and the yoga class really sweat a lot out of me.  I am getting less foggy and the pain I have is less than when I was on it.  It is really more discomfort.  I still get still if I do not move and now that school is starting and I am spending more time at my computer I notice it.  Hopefully this will diminish.  I am keeping up with my meditation, massage, Reiki, and various forms of yoga.

Stay tuned!

Namaste
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment